Compression suits apply measured pressure to the skin, increasing blood flow to the area over a thirty minute session.
This increased flow lowers lactic acid and can reduce the experience of pain following exercise. Malleable and inflatable, compression suits are worn over and around the arms, torso, legs and feet.
Upon arrival for your compression suit session, we will greet you and get you set up and in a comfortable seated position for your thirty minute session. If you are using the boots, it’s a good idea to wear leggings or shorts so that the compression suit fits as closely to the body as possible. We will carefully place the compression suit around your body and arms/legs, making sure you’re settled in. The sensation is not unlike a deep pressure massage, with the suit automatically inflating and deflating.
For the committed athlete, compression suits are an ideal recovery tool post cryotherapy, followed up by a session in the infrared sauna.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You will be guided to our Recovery Lounge where you can take a seat.
- It is a good idea to wear tight clothes, or shorts or singlet to allow direct contact.
- Our Recovery staff will help you attach the compression suit.
- The compression treatment lasts between 20 and 30 minutes.
- You are welcome to bring your own music, but you must use headphones.
- Our Recovery staff member will help you remove the compression suit when your treatment is over.
- We recommend drinking water immediately after treatment. We supply water for you for free and you are welcome to bring your own recovery fluids.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES A COMPRESSION SUIT WORK?
A compression suit is designed to deliver waves of pressure to arms, legs and torso. These waves of compression are designed to:
- Boost circulation: Accelerating tissue repair by delivering more oxygen and nutrients to and removing lactic acid and other by-products of exercise.
- Increase lymphatic function: Accelerating the process of removing toxins and waste through the lymphatic system.
- Relieve muscle tension: Leading to increased flexibility and decrease the likelihood of injury by targeting tight, tense muscles and fascia.
WHO SHOULD USE A COMPRESSION SUIT?
Compression suits are used by elite athletes and serious amateurs. The boots are perfect for runners and the suit is for athletes who stress all parts of their bodies.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
We recommend shorts or leggings and a singlet.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET TREATMENTS?
This is up to you, based on the intensity of your training. It might be something you use occasionally if you feel you need it, or use regularly to optimise high intensity training performance and outcomes.
DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING ALONG WITH ME?
No, we provide towels and water, but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
CAN I LISTEN TO MY MUSIC OR AUDIO?
Yes, but you need to bring headphones for the comfort of others.
Experience The Jungle
Want to swing into the Jungle regularly?
You can achieve substantial savings by becoming a member.
Try us out with our single session rates.
Achieve that optimum recovery in a matter of minutes.