Our infrared saunas create a dry heat around you, heating up your muscles without the discomfort of high humidity heat.
The impacts on your body of heating up your muscle temperature above normal in infra-red saunas are improved circulation, increased heart rate, substantially increased oxygenation of muscles and muscle relaxation. Hormonal changes include increased growth hormones, natural pain killers, anti-inflammatories and cortisol, and reduced total and LDL cholesterol. The combined effects of these biological changes that occur while you are experiencing treatment vary from individual to individual, but scientific, randomised trials have demonstrated that regular treatment by dry heat:
- Improves recovery from endurance training
- Increases athletic performance
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces pain (from training, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia)
- Increases removal of heavy metals, pesticides and drugs from your body
- Improves well-being and pain tolerance
There is a correlation between regular use of IR saunas and improvements in the health of people with heart disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease but you should consult your doctor before using our treatment for your condition.
The treatment is obviously ideal for recovering athletes, but also for people who currently experience chronic or regular pain, or are just stressed out. It may also help you recover faster from that big weekend!
NOTE: We believe that men who are trying to conceive should seek medical advice before booking in regular sauna sessions because of the impact that regular, increased heat can have on short term fertility. These effects are short term only and there is no evidence that regular sauna has any longer term fertility impact.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Change into bathers, shorts or bikini in our change rooms
- The Sauna room is right next door in its own room.
- Our Recovery Specialist will adjust the temperature to suit your requirements and show you how to use the temperature and light therapy controls.
- Our tanks can increase the temperature to between 40 and 70 degrees Celsius. We usually recommend people stay within a range of 45 to 55 degrees Celsius.
- You can connect your phone to the internal bluetooth speakers.
- Treatments usually lasts for 20 to 30 minutes.
- We have showers available if you would like to shower after your treatment.
- We recommend drinking water immediately after treatment. We supply water for you for free and you are welcome to bring your own recovery fluids.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS THERE ANY SCIENCE BEHIND THE BENEFITS OF IR THERAPY?
Yes, the science is well known and include:
- Improvements in recovery from endurance training
- Increase in athletic performance
- Reduction in inflammation
- Reduced pain (from training, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia)
- Increase in removal of heavy metals, pesticides and drugs from your body
- Improvement in well-being and pain tolerance
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
We recommend shorts or a bikini and bare feet.
Please place a towel on the bench and floor of the sauna to keep it clean. Keep one towel handy to wipe excessive sweat from your body if you want.
HOW LONG SHOULD I SPEND IN THE SAUNA?
A typical sauna session would be 30 minutes at 45 – 55 degrees Celsius.
ARE FAR INFRARED SAUNAS SAFE?
Far infrared light technology has been used safely for years. You might have experience of red heat (infra-red) lamps being used to treat sprains at a Physiotherapist. Infrared light is widely used in burn units to accelerate healing and hospital baby care incubators. You generate your own infra-red light (it is how night vision goggles can see you in the dark!).
You should consult your doctor if you suffer from the following conditions before making an appointment for an infra-red sauna:
- Cardiovascular issues
- Multiple sclerosis and other chronic conditions
- Low blood pressure and dizziness
- Or if you have pacemakers, metal rods or other surgical implants
We recommend not using the sauna while you are pregnant or if you are a male aiming to conceive a child within the next few months.
We may adjust temperature and time recommendations based on your age and body weight.
We caution clients not to come to their treatment session if they have recently consumed drugs, alcohol or other medications.
HOW DO FAR INFRARED SAUNAS WORK?
Traditional saunas raise the temperature of the air in order to warm the body. Far infrared (IR) saunas shine far infrared light onto your skin to warm the body without needing to warm the air. This means much less energy (better for the environment) and a more comfortable experience (good for you).
To understand how infrared heat works, imagine yourself at the park on a clear summer day, soaking up the warmth of the sun. Then a cloud passes overhead, blocking out the sun. The temperature outside has not changed, but you feel cooler. Your body was being heated by the sun’s far infrared rays. Infrared heaters warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight.
Far infra-red heat is not ultraviolet radiation but is at the opposite end of the light spectrum within the 5 to 15 micron level. The energy from the heat travels 40 – 45 mm deep into the body. Far infra-red heat provides the healthy benefits of sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of ultraviolet rays.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET TREATMENTS?
Answers vary from individual to individual. Work with the team in Recovery Jungle to benefit from their experience and experiment a little to find the optimal treatment regime for you.
The regular use of an infrared sauna has a cumulative effect on the body, meaning that using it on a regular basis magnifies its benefits.
WILL I NEED TO SHOWER BEFORE OR AFTER IR SAUNA?
If you have been working out or undertaking physical labour, we ask that you shower before the IR Sauna Therapy. You will sweat in the sauna, and you are welcome to use our showers after your treatment.
CAN I BRING A FRIEND TO MY INFRARED SAUNA SESSION?
Yes, our saunas can seat two people. There is a discount for a second person who joins you in a sauna treatment at Recovery Jungle.
DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING ALONG WITH ME?
No, we provide towels and water, but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
CAN I LISTEN TO MY MUSIC OR AUDIO?
Yes, you can link to the bluetooth that is embedded in the sauna.
Experience The Jungle
Want to swing into the Jungle regularly?
You can achieve substantial savings by becoming a member.
Try us out with our single session rates.
Achieve that optimum recovery in a matter of minutes.