Stretch and Decompression Therapy uses floor stretching and silk hammocks suspended from the ceiling to stretch and decompress your entire body!
Stretch Therapy is beneficial to almost everyone with benefits from preventing injury, improving circulation, reducing pain, improving mobility and flexibility and even reducing anxiety! Our therapist will work with you to get what you want out of each session, each and every session completely personalised to your needs.
The benefits include:
- Increased Mobility
- Increased Flexibility
- Pain Free Movement
- Anxiety Relief
- Sciatica Pain Relief
- Back Pain Relief
- Hip Pain Relief
- Reduced Risk of Injury
- Improved Sleep
- Reduced Stress
To maintain these benefits, we recommend consistent sessions based on your plan discussed with our therapist.
Stretch Therapy is particularly beneficial to those with back, neck or spine injuries or pain as well as those that do a lot of strenuous acitivites or have to sit or stand in the same position all day.
You’ll come in, warm in the sauna. Stretching cold increases risk of injury, warming up the body first allows you to get the maximum stretch in your muscles giving you the most benefit.
Jess will talk to you about your injuries, pain and what you want to get out of the session and from there she will take you through a personalised stretch and decompression session based on the desired outcome of that session.
The session can include assisted stretching on the floor or massage table and may use other tools such as foam rollers, stretch bands, trigger point balls to assist in releasing problem areas. Jess will also use the silk hammocks where you may hang upside down in different positions anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes to decompress and lengthen the body. She may also use these for a meditation at the end of your session to ensure you feel completely relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of your session.
Jess will help you with a tailored plan with advice on how to self treat at home between your sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
An initial 20 minute sauna to warm up the body followed by 1 hour of assisted stretching which may include the following:
- Dynamic Stretching – great for before exercise
- Ballistic Stretching – Warm up Stretching if needed prior to deeper stertching
- Static Stretching – holing a muscle to its maxiumum point (good for recovery or rest day)
- PNF Stretching – imporves range of motion and mobility (good if you’re coming back from an injury)
- Passive Stretching – relaxed stretching technique (releases tendons, ligaments and muscles)
- Myofacial Trigger Point Release – Used if an area needs more intense work than a stretch (good for chronic pain disorder)
- Foam Rolling Massage Ball, Massage Table and Stretch Bands
- Decompression silks – decompresses the spine, alleviate pressure of your neck spine and hips, ability to lengthen hamstrings and release glutes
Experience The Jungle
Want to swing into the Jungle regularly?
You can achieve substantial savings by becoming a member.
Try us out with our single session rates.
Achieve that optimum recovery in a matter of minutes.